A dedicated and professional Internet Developer/Technical Consultant with extensive experience in development & technical support for a wide range of products and on a variety of platforms, including mobile. Technical nous & creative thinking. Demonstrated adaptability and maturity having lived overseas and being able to work across boundaries. Experience enhanced by strong communication skills and customer orientation. Always prepared to learn and take on new challenges.
- 12 years experience in Web Development
- CSS3, LESS, SASS, Pre-CSS
- Webpack, REST, .NET
- Content Management Systems
- Websphere WCM 6/7
- Mobile web development, responsive design
- eCommerce, forms, wizards, AJAX
- Corporate experience
- Process navigation
- Vendor management
- Project Delivery
- Team Lead
- Operating systems
- Mac OS X
- Windows Servers
- Chrome OS
- Source control - SVN/Github/TFS
- Built a fully responsive front-end that integrated into a Sitecore backend for the Institute of Chartered Accountants, that included shopping cart and Video on demand
- Set up online form that used AWS for backend data storage
- WCM developer in migration project from WCM6 to WCM7
- Pinch hit issues with ANZ mobile website and Live Chat offering
- Technical lead of WCM CMS responsible for delivery and integration of content into nationwide website
- Developed mobile integration solutions for NAB's Mobile Internet Banking apps
- Managed members of the Content Team integrating mobile solutions - Serving content to multiple devices (Desktop, Tablet, iPhone, Android)
- Managed site wide form usability updates, Product selector guides and wizards
- Identified and drove a number of initiatives to streamline and enhance existing procedure
- Investigate & advise on new technical directions
2017 - Present Senior Front-end Developer Xero - Melbourne
Senior Front-end deveoper coding complex UI using React.js and custom frameworks. Working in Aglie teams on compliance work and functionality upgrades for a large online tax product on the AWS platform. Deployment pipeline uses Github, Teamcities and Octopus
- Online Tax Returns - React, Redux, Thunk, Freezer.js, .Net C#, Handlebars, Webpack, Visual Code, Visual Studio
- Xindr : Project/Skill-set matching hackathon project - React, SASS
- Simple CMS Notification builder - React, Redux, Web API
- Automated ATO help links - google, Node.js
- Street Cred : Social media type appreciation hackathon project - React, MongoDB
2014 - 2017 Oakton Consulting - Melbourne
Worked as a Front-end lead developer to increase Oakton's coverage in this area. Developing UI to integrate into Sitecore and .Net driven websites, Responsive, Desktop, and Mobile websites.
- Responsive Typescript front-end - React and MobX
- Hybrid adaptive/responsive front-end - Sharepoint 2013, Sitecore, LESS
- Front-end development - HTML5/CSS3/jQuery/.Net Razor
- MVC technologies - ASP.net, Angular
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012
- Team lead, iteration planning, work estimation and allocation
2012 - 2013 Web Developer ANZ - Melbourne
18 month contract as a Front-end developer in the Online Releases team. I worked on the ANZ cross device mobile web site and online chat pilot, my main role was working on the major CMS upgrade project where my experience in WCM dev was utilised.
- Front-end development - jQuery/jQueryMobile/HTML5/CSS3/XML
- Mobile web development
- IBM Websphere (WCM) Content management (CMS) migration
- Solution prototyping and hand over to offshore teams
- Liasing and managing issues with 3rd Party vendors (IBM, EditLive, GBST)
- Technical advise on large platform architecture
2009 - 2012 Web Developer - NAB - Melbourne
- Front-end development - jQuery/AJAX/HTML5/CSS3
- Mobile web development & integration
- Technology update research & advising
- Delivery management of projects
- Solution development from business requirements
- IBM Websphere (WCM) Content management (CMS)
- Technical Lead (trouble shooting)
- Wordpress (CMS) customisation of theme templates
2014 Web Developer (Short term contract) - GE Capital - Melbourne
- AWS (Amazon)
- fuzzy logic search matching functionality for 404 pages
- custom UI for internal shared file system
2008 - 2009 Web Developer - Fatfish - Melbourne
- End to end website (CMS) development
2006 - 2008 Data Operator - Computershare - Melbourne
- Part time work to cover the gap in Austudy
2004 - 2006 Various whilst travelling Europe
- Like many young Australians, travelled to London and worked in a pub, using the UK as a base to travel around Europe. Also spent 3 months working in Greece. Once the money ran out, returned home to re-skill and get a real job again.
1997 - 2003 Senior Technical Consultant - Mentis Technologies - Australia
- Started as an IT Trainee in 1997. Promoted to Technical Support leader 6 months after.
- COBOL programming and legacy code maintenance.
- Developed an internet based telephone technology (CallPlease).
- Managed product investigation, along with development and testing (WAP & WML technologies).
- Advised management on product adoption after performing evaluation.
- Trained over 40 customers on new technologies and products.
I am constantly updating my skills, and have just set up a blog (mattrobinsoncv.wordpress.com),
to stretch my web development skills and keep up with current techniques. Note that it is a very basic work in progress - all animated GIFs are purely tongue-in-cheek!
- 2012 WC3 course on Mobile App development
- 2006/7 Web Design and Administration (cert III & IV)
- 2002 Introduction C++ Programming, Open Learning
- 2000 Microsoft CSE 2000
- 1996 Advanced Certificate of Applied Design, RMIT
- 1992 VCE, Girton College
- 1990 O Levels, Uplands International School, Penang (Malaysia)
I've been experimenting using a Chromebook to develop on, here's the progress :
Made in a hurry with Bootstrap